An integrated project aimed to improve the living standards of Taita Taveta residents through poverty alleviation and sustainable development. Partially is being funded by GoK. Its main goal is to support Smallholder Irrigation Farmers in Challa Irrigation Scheme through establishment of Irrigation water supply system for increased crop production and livelihoods improvement.
- Provision of water for domestic, irrigation and livestock uses.
- Increasing food production for domestic use, export market and Income generation.
- Enhancement of environment conservation and sanitation.
- Promotion of eco-tourism.
- Creation of employment for youth and women
Lake challa the project site for Lake Challa Integrated project
–164 Acre block of land under irrigation and directly support close to 300 farmers in crop production.
– It is also going to indirectly support over 2000 people through increased food supply and creation of employment opportunities.
Community members within the project area being mobilised to
Embrace the project.